View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Default great tools for cutting hawiian applique

yesturday someone posted a question about cutting out hawiian appliques--now i can't find the original post- but i did take pictures of my tools--they are wonderful!
i do hawiian applique in 2 different ways--one-with freezer paper- where i cut out the design on the freezer paper- then press the freezer paper to the fabric- then use my little cutting tools to cut out the fabric- the other method i use is with paper backed fusable- where i draw the design onto the paper- fuse it to the fabric-then use my tools to cut it out

the tools are a mini rotory cutter & a swivel knife- they are so great to use...I believe i bought them from Nancy's Notions-
I do use a regular (kitchen) cutting board when using the knife...not my rotory cutting mat
the knife is like an exacto knife- except miniture...makes cutting details so much easier.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404959[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]404960[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]404961[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]404962[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cutting-tools._01.jpg   cutting-tools._02.jpg   cutting-tools._04.jpg   cutting-tools._05.jpg