View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:34 PM
gzuslivz

To give you an update on my husband: Day 11 of hospital day looked like he would be coming home. Morning of Day 12 he went for an ultrasound to see how the pancreas was. While he was having that, he felt a pain in his stomach. It continued to get worse. After all day of excruciating pain and lots of dr. guessing, he was taken for a CT scan which showed that he had doudonal ulcer which perforated. So he was rushed in for emergency surgery. We are on day 16 and he is improving slowly. He still cannot have anything by mouth, so he rinses and sucks it out of his mouth a lot. I don't know how long he will be in the hospital. He will probably go to rehab before he comes home and it will most likely be over a month before he goes back to work.

Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
Thanks, Christine. He was taken to the hospital last Tuesday with "massive acute pancreatitis". He is very slowly showing improvement but will be in the hospital all this week at least. Last Wednesday, our eldest daughter delivered our first grand baby by c section! So I was visiting hospital in our town for her and then driving south to another city to be with my husband! Crazy! But now baby, mama and daddy are settled in at out house.