Old 03-29-2013, 05:08 AM
gardnergal970

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
?... I don't blame your friend for being afraid of her Sweet16---I get heart palpitations when I get near mine LOL. I practiced on flower print and paisley print fabric and I did great. I drew the same designs on my quilt blocks and plfft! Not good. ....???
Jan, I was thinking about this comment last night and remembered what nice quilting you had done on the PC blocks. You do know how to FMQ. You just have to say sweet things to your Sweety and let her know that you're in charge. You're doing a slow waltz and she is off on a quick step. Tell her you want her close and slow so she can hear all the wonderful plans you have for your life together and that once she learns your pace, you will lead her into her beloved quick step. The motion with the fabric is the same as you did before, the feeddogs were down too, you just went slower than Sweetie wants to go now. This is all easy for me to say since I'm not in your shoes. I'm just trying to give you a different perspective and change those heart palpitations from dread because she is leading to affection because you're leading and truly enjoy one another! BTW....what have you named her?