View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:42 AM
rivka
Banned

I'm reaching the point where I need to start thinking seriously about quilting the top of my first quilt (I just started quilting a couple of months ago). My quilt top is a double Irish Chain -- white in the center squares, with yellow and blue chains.

My set up: a wooden machine frame (Little Gracie II), and a 15" Bailey. So I have a lot of options with that kind of setup (I definitely do NOT want to do just a wandering FMQ on this quilt; if I wanted to stick to just that, I wouldn't have bought all this!) -- I was thinking of doing a simple motif in the white sections, but one that will still stand out fairly well. But what to do with the chains? I don't have a ruler foot yet, so doing any sort of diagonal lines through the chains is not an option. Anyone have any suggestions?

Whatever I go with, I'm going to practice the heck out of it on some practice cloth before doing the actual quilt. I just need to decide soon, and get practicing, as this is a Christmas present for someone. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.