Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 AM
madamepurl

I had a Pfaff Varimatic that fell off a UPS truck on it's way for servicing and was totally smashed. The folks at SVP said that they didn't make parts any longer, so that was that. Once I got my insurance check from UPS, I bought a Viking Emerald. I was only used to a manual machine and I only sewed a little at that point. Then I started quilting and the Viking got traded in for a Janome Horizon 7700. I love the machine, but I use only a few stitches.

Then I found I needed a second machine and I bought the Janome 3160. It sews nearly identical to my 7700. It's a great little machine. Then I thought I wanted to get a frame and bought a Brother PQ-1500s straight stitch machine. That was around $600 and is a workhorse, but you know what I loved it for piecing (made a perfect scant 1/4") and FMQ. It makes a beautiful stitch. So, now I work on my 7700 a little and my Brother a little and my 3160 a little. I think I'm good on machines for awhile.

The problem was I took a long arm class and decided the stand up wasn't for me, but I wanted the sit-down and drooled over it. My b-day is at Thanksgiving, so for b-day and Christmas last year my husband bought me a HandiQuilter Sweet Sixteen. I absolutely adore that machine. My friend just bought the new big Brother NX-3000 and I looked at it and went well... I don't think so, because now my needs are different. I think if I need a new machine, which I don't think will be for awhile, it will just be mid-range for piecing since all my quilting is on my SS now.