Old 03-29-2013, 06:36 AM
Lady Diana

I never pay the MSRP. There is always room to negotiate with dealers. I have also purchased gently used machines...one of them was two weeks old (Lady decided to trade up) at the dealer. That dealer gave me the warranty and discounted the machine $1000. Since you are on this board, it seems like you would like a good quilting machine. I just got the new Janome 8900. I love this machine. Right out of the box, did FMQ...and I am not good at it...I always had eyelashes on curves on the backside of my quilt....with the 8900, I had no eyelashes at all. I didn't change the needle that was in the machine, I didn't touch the tension, I didn't put in special washers or bobbin case...just right out of the box. I could not believe it. It is a dream. It is now retailing for $2500 and up. For me, it is worth every penny....did I mention it is very quiet....Very nice. Try this machine and others at your dealers and decide. Most Janome dealers have a deal with GE to provide you with no interest plans.