View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
DH brought home a case of adding machine tape from work. It was going to be thrown in the dumpster when the office supply closet was cleaned out. DH says the company can't donate unwanted surplus for tax reasons. Infuriating how much good unusable items are going to waste. I was at the county dump with DH when a dump truck rolled up. Inside looked like brand new stuff! He said it came from Target returns. As he was raking the contents into the big fill hole, he reached down and handed me a brand new child's life vest. I don't understand business thinking.
recently I too was informed of what Walmart does......I wanted to buy a toddler booster seat for the car, the one I wanted was not in-stock altho their "computerized" inventory said they had two...anyway, I offered to buy the "model" on the shelf and was informed they are not allowed to sell anything that is on display...when I asked what happens to it, I was informed it was dumped...........I guess it has something to do with our litigious (sp) society.....if something on display was sold and somehow someone got hurt or whatever they would be liable.......So just look at all the stuff in all the stores and then go to a local dumpsite....I wonder where my closest one is???????
Same thing with say, dunkin donuts...cannot donate day old to any organization...have to be dumped in dumpster....I know someone who knew someone who occasionally would park back there and pick up boxes after they were placed in dumpster behind the store.......