View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:56 AM
mermaid

Default The post that got lost..

Yesterday I started a thread (attempted to) and it got lost in cyber space. I wanted to ask for suggestions how I should try to quilt my 'trip around the world' that is one inch postage stamp blocks. I got the tops (a King and a Full) at an estate sale. They are entirely pieced by hand, by a lady who was quite elderly at the time they were made. I know that the stripe blocks are wonky, but I love them both just the same, and as I pd only $15 ea, I felt they were worth finishing for my own beds. The king is ready to go--all sandwiched---but I want advice on the quilting. I'm a hand quilter primarily, but have never done a postage stamp before, and want to do FMQ instead. Some sort of pattern that would lock the tiny blocks in place. I do not know how old her thread was, nor how stable the piecing will remain. Are there any suggestions to a pattern for the FMQ that might do what I want, yet not be over quilted? I will upload pix again and hope this post is successful. I've been holding off hoping for some idea input. Thanks all for reading.[ATTACH=CONFIG]405094[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]405096[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails rtw-1.jpg   rtw-2.jpg