View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 07:13 AM
scisyb220

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
Spread the love- I love it! I made a mug rug & it came out great. Showed the gals in my weekly Bee today. We are all grateful for the good idea. The antique-ish jewelery is a great gift idea too. When my sister got married, the theme was vintage. A friend of the family gave her an old lace dress- which was remade into her wedding gown. I am trying to think of a simple craft we can do at the shower. No corny games. We will have the aunties and the NYC glam girls.
Dotty: So happy the suggestion worked out well for you & that you found a tute for the mug rugs that made my muddy directions clearer! Blessings to the bridal couple! As for a shower craft, how about simple beaded bracelets made on elastic thread/wire? Have available a wide assortment of beads, then have each person begin their own bracelet with one or two beads. After a moment or two, tell everyone to pass their bracelet to the person to their right, who will add a bead or two. Continue until the bracelet makes it back to the original owner, who ties a double double knot in the elastic wire. All supplies are available at Michael's or JoAnn's or even at WalMart. It's a special memento that brings to mind not only the bride, but the women who surrounded her with their love & support. I did this a few years ago with some friends & cousins during a weekend getaway, and I smile every time I put that little bracelet on!