Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Honchey

Thank you all for your comments on my grandkids...They came into my life starting at 65 so I had to wait a looooong time for them...a far cry from my Mom...she became a GM at the age of 38....

I'm getting things in order for my trip...can't pack the car yet 'cause DH is using trunk space for his golf clubs...Which he is using today!!!! tomorrow will be the day "stuff" goes in the car....I can't wait...I'm getting antsy waiting...he does this ALL the time...as I "ready" things I stack them by the garage door...I am fortunate that I don't have to cart machines back & forth anymore...
Oh, Easter...of days gone by....going shopping for the new outfit from top to bottom!!! ....then shopping for the fish on Friday...Kielbasa & rye bread for Saturday when my Grandma would make a white borsht with hard boiled eggs quarted and the kielbas sliced floating in it...My Dad loved it...I would only look at it...never ate the soup...The priest coming to the house to bless the bountiful table.....On Good Friday (Today) we all had to stop doing whatever we were doing...at precisely one o'clock ? and say prayers because that was the time Jesus died on the cross....So much has changed since then ..it seems we made time for all the rituals for that time...My GM was the best baker and egg dyer...Pysanky eggs were nothing new to her...I used to watch her..a straight pin stuck in a pencil eraser then into a candle flame then into a wax she would make intricate designs on the blown eggs then into the dye...I wish I had some of those eggs now..they were really beautiful.....Ahhh...traditions & memories... Hope all of you have a memorable and heartfelt Easter this year...now it's time to go back to the plan of the day.. it's almost one o'clock and time for a prayer...