View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:51 AM
AChristina

My guild is doing a paint chip challenge this year. There are a lot of different ways of doing this, here's how we did ours. I picked up paint chips from the paint dept. at Walmart (theirs has 7 shades on it, or you can pick them up anywhere), placed them in envelopes with numbers on the envelopes and passed out "instruction" sheets with numbers to correspond with the envelopes. Each member took a sheet and whatever number was on that sheet, that's the envelope they received. They were instructed to use at least 3 of the shades on their paint chip, they could use as much or as little of that shade they wanted, but it had to be visible. They could add whatever fabrics they wanted, the project has to be at least 18" x 18". No trading of paint chips between members, remember this is a challenge. They couldn't open their envelopes until they left the meeting, and believe me they were anxious to leave to see what color they had received. They were told to keep their paint chip to attach it to their project for show and tell. We made the project due for our last meeting in September so it could be shown at our quilt show in November. They were not required to participate if they didn't want to. One member mentioned last night she had hers done already! I haven't even started mine yet and it was my idea! Lastly they were instructed to have fun with this project.

Last edited by AChristina; 03-29-2013 at 09:53 AM.