View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 AM
ChavezArts

Default Hello from California!

I've been lurking here since February, and decided it was time to complete my profile and introduce myself! I've been quilting since the early 1970s. My first quilt was a crazy quilt pieced together on an antique treadle sewing machine. It was crib size, for a new baby niece. I just guessed how to sew it together as I didn't have a pattern or any instructions. Learned a lot since then and have upgraded my equipment, but there is always so much more to learn! I live 30 miles south of San Francisco, and am thinking of joining the local quilt guild. Anyone here from my area?

I have sewn a bunch of baby quilts recently, as my children have produced eight grandchildren in the past eight years. I think that phase is over and I will be able to move on to other projects. I also have started designing my own patterns, but I am just at the beginning stages and will soon get the EQ7 program so I can pursue this in earnest.

anyway, I am a bit stuck as to how to proceed with a quilt back - but I think I will move over to the "Main" thread to explain my dilemma. Thanks for being here, and I'm sure I will enjoy participating in this forum!