View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:59 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

You should be happy and honored that you SS still has the quilt and is passing it down. One of the first quilts I made was for my son, who was about 12 at the time. I don't know where the quilt went along the way, but when he and his fiancé broke up, he came home with the quilt, and even when he left and came home again, the quilt came too. I'm not sure if the quilt is still being used since he has married someone else, who is a much nicer person, they have their own home and a nearly 3 year old daughter, the quilt is still around. Talk about a well loved quilt. The quilt I made for my daughter before I made my son's quilt has traveled with her to Texas, Florida, New Jersey, and Virginia, and who knows where else it will wind up, although she said she may give it to her niece at some point, since she can't have children. It does make me proud though that they have valued these quilts, and when I look at them, and the first quilt I made for our bed, I realize that I have discovered how much better I have become as a quilter.