Old 03-29-2013, 05:08 PM
nurseknitsLaura

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I can make side plates if people want. no biggie. Glad to help.

I am not trying to make it sound trivial, but I have a "stomp shear" with a graduated backstop. so I can cut very accurate strips, then turn them 90 deg and set for length. I do 16ga steel on a regular basis, so it has the umph.

I have a bench punch that can do holes up to 1.25"dia (for the ones with a"bite:" out of them.

I have a 2"x36" professional grade vertical belt sander with a backstop for making the bevels.

It only takes me about 30 minutes to make a pair of "regular rectangular" slides.

I would make them a hair large so people could file them to a perfect fit. (unless I have the machine in question, then I can fit it)

I am making a replacement slide for a W&W8 this weekend. (the one with the bent down end that seems to be missing 1/2 the time) and I am making a pair of slides for Cathy(Mizkaki)
I believe you may have just found a way to support your machine hobby, Steve. Better figure out your pricing, because I am going downstairs to count how many plates I need. As an aside, do you ever wonder where all of the slide plates go? Sure, they fall out, but doesn't anyone ever pick them up? Somewhere, somehow, there is a little mountain of the things. Laura