View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 PM
caroloto

I too have bought patterns which I swear must have a page or two missing of instructions or it's written with the wrong measurements. Good think when I first started quilting not trusting myself to always cut right I alway bought extra fabric such as if it said 1/4 of a yard I got 1/2 to be safe. Also not wanting to make a mistake I would use scraps to make a test block first, which I still do when I pick up a pattern and after reading it I get that gut feeling something is not right. I still to this day will buy a little bit more then what the pattern calls for of fabric since it may have a mistake of the amount. I also learn a long time ago that so often if the fabric amount was wrong when you need to go back to get the extra amount chances are the fabric was sold out and you are out of luck where you first got the fabric from, then on a hunt for it searching the internet. Once you finally find the fabric you need and may only need 1/4 of a yard or less but you only find it at a place where it's 1 yard min. so you end up with left over (sometimes not a bad thing) but you have shiping cost.