Old 03-30-2013, 04:15 AM
carolaug

My husband says he love it more when I do it myself on my sewing machine...cause its made by me. When I first started quilting I had two sent out to be quilted since I really did not like tie quilting, which was what I did for my very first few quilts. Then for Christmas he bought me a 7700 and said can you make me a lapquilt and quilt it. I was still going to send it out and he said that it would not be made from me...and said he would rather have one quilted by me...mistakes and all. So glad he pushed me...he also got me to do a king size quilt on it for our bed.
Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
I love the way LA quilting looks, but can't afford the price. So I learned to do quilting myself on my Janome 6600. I do the baby quilts all the way up to the huge king sized ones. Granted, my quilting isn't near as good in quality, but my family loves them anyway. I can do a decent feather, stipple, and cross hatching. I have a finished top (and another almost done) that will be getting my first attempts at an edge to edge or panto-like design. While quilting on a regular sewing machine isn't easy, it can definitely be done. It does take lots of practice before ever starting to do a quilt, and sometimes the patience of Job to get the tension right, but absolutely doable!

Last edited by carolaug; 03-30-2013 at 04:17 AM.