Old 03-30-2013, 04:53 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Some things are/not meant to be. Looks like you made out like a fat rat. LOL! Gives me an idea. I know someone wanting to sell their folding table. Need to call them now. Thanks!
LOL! Yes, a fat rat. I've never heard that before, but it's apt.
I love this table. It's a touch short for cutting, but I can fix that. The space is great, and better still that it folds up.

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Awesome haul. I imagine the 730 had a cracked nylon gear? My 830 came with one. But, these machines are worth the parts and repairing.
If that was the only problem, I wouldn't worry about it and just change it. The laundry list of things it has wrong with it is what makes me think that it may not be salvageable, but we'll see over the next couple of weeks or so.

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Tammi,

That's too bad about the Bernina. Sounds like some one just beat the stuffings out of it.

Joe
I would agree with that statement. I will play for a bit to see if I can convince it to live again, but I'm not sure how hopeful I am at this point.

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
The cam stack gear will cost you $100 plus the part to replace (at least around here that's the price). I did it myself, but it's not an easy fix. The cam gear crack will make it hard to turn.
When I mentioned labor, I should have stated it differently. I do my own labor, it's more I wasn't sure how big a job it was going to be. $100 tells me 1.5 - 2 hours for someone who's done it before. I was thinking the same thing about the gear and the movement. I don't think it was responsible for the complete seizure of the machine though, so I'm going to keep oiling and troubleshooting. If I can get the motor to take a load, I will probably change the belt and the gear.

Originally Posted by SherriB View Post
WOW!!! You got some of the best bargains I have ever seen!!! I am drooling over your table and the long bed 301. I love my 301 and hope to get a long bed someday.
If I wasn't in the postal equivalent of Mars, I might consider sending it to you. The problem is it would cost too much to ship it next door to be worth it.