View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 05:42 PM
moonwork42029

For me, I need the full 4 months now. I only have 1 evening and part of one day in the weekend to sew. That's if I don't have laundry etc piled up. Dad "helps" in some ways but I know I couldn't go any faster any more between work, Dad & life.

I also don't think it would be fair to the hostess to have to keep track of different deadlines and help send the reminders at different times. It's very time consuming for her as it is and to add to her "duties" to me wouldn't be fair.

I also don't think I could afford to squeeze in another swap. I know I send much more than the required f8 but I don't want anyone to have a challenge with my fabric ... wishfully I wish everyone would send a smidgen more or at the very least, send the minimum size. This time around, I have received more "shorted" pieces than I ever have. I also have received more "too small" blocks than ever before. Between the cost of fabrics and postage, it would be difficult for many to join (in my humble opinion).

Perhaps instead of the traditional friendship swap, you could host a similar one "Quick Switch" or "Speedy Swap" for anyone that wishes to move along quicker. With all the other swaps, I doubt if there would be a problem having another one that overlapped with the Boomerang swaps...but you'd have to of course check it out.

I don't mean to sound grouchy (I can't breathe through my nose ) and we have just returned from a quick trip to see Dad's brother (600 miles in 2 days) which will probably be the last time he ever gets to visit with him due to cancer so there's been no sewing all week for me. If the Booms go to 3 months, I'm afraid I'd end up passing on them and I'd be sad about that (and so would Dad).