Old 03-30-2013, 06:57 PM
miriam
Power Poster

WORK LIGHT
We spent the evening looking for a work light at 3 box stores. I have a stupid LED light I sort of have a love hate thing going with it. The light is fine when it works. It goes out at whim though. Some times if I move the cord it works some times I have to stay busy with the cord a while and it works. The lamp has a clamp on one end and some good light on the other. It is almost long enough most of the time. Anyway in my search for a perfect light, I went to 3 stores and eliminated most of the illuminationers. I don't have air conditioning so I don't want halogen light. But those weren't all that flexible anyway. I want something I don't have to hold and is easy to position. I came up blank. I saw a desk light that sort of might work but it only takes a 40 watt bulb. There are some cool lights out there but not what I wanted. At this point I'm thinking I might have to do some kind of redneck thing with duct tape and a stick... clothes line and a clamp light on a hook from somewhere? I have a few really cool flash lights but they do keep one hand busy - I need both hands to do much. Somewhere, I have an old work light that clamps on the table and swings around and adjusts - about the time I get busy it droops - that's why it is somewhere.... DH suggested I need a head light. I'm not to vane for it, but I'm betting I would have about as much luck getting that aimed as the stupid light that keeps going out. What do you use???