View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
palandrum

Red face Rescue Project - Cute as a Button!

I bought a lady's sewing room (for material) at an online auction last year. Lo and Behold - UFO's are a common thing amongst us sewists! This was one of the multiple unfinished projects I found tucked away between all the other 3 car loads of 'stuff' I purchased. She had completed 10 of the 14 body rounds and tucked them away with the pattern and some stuffing in a nice, neat package. It takes 70 to complete the doll. While cruising through my stash last week I ran across it again and decided to raid my stash for additional fabric and finish it. Thought I would be through the next day. NOT! It took me almost 4 days cutting fabric, cutting batting, sewing, appliquing the face, and putting it together and then putting on the hair. I have 4 and 6 year old granddaughters coming this month for a week's visit - I will let them 'name' her. Think I will stick to quilt blocks for a while, lol. Although - it was fun seeing it come together and knowing it will not be just thrown away is satisfying.
Attached Thumbnails img_0822.jpg