View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Loni

Default Hello From Queensland Australia

Hi Everyone, I from Queensland, Australia the land of sunshine, beaches, g'days, and howyagoins. I have 3 grown and flown babies-2 daughters and a son - and 3 Grand-babies - 2 girls and a boy - ranging in age from almost 7 to 15.
I am, as I imagine you all are, mad about quilting. Just love it, I have a stash that is now exceeding 2 very large rooms, and I'm having problems finding enough room under beds for bins to slide under. I'm sure you know how it is, visit a town with a quilt shop and go home several loads heavier.
I've been making patchwork quilts for the best part of the last 12 years and to date am still inspired to reach for the rotary cutter whenever I see anything with a white background. I also do quite a bit of machine embroidery and have done many quilts - mostly kids ones- incorporating cute embroidery designs and personalising them.
I love love love quilting fabric, especially the pre-cuts...1 day I plan on buying a AccuQuilt Studio.....and I am not afraid to admit that 99.9% of my fabric is bought from the US as I am not always so fussed by our prices here in Australia. The US range and selection is so far better to what is available to me here.
Well that's about it about me, really is a brain drain telling about oneself, I'm sure my husband could go on for pages and then some.
Nice to meet you all and Thanks for having me
Lonnie
Australia