Thread: Cheating???
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 08:54 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by soccertxi View Post
Please don't use the word "cheat". Someone told me I was a CHEATER...loudly and often, because I'm a machine quilter and not a hand quilter. Its SUCH a strong word. I was so upset, I cried. Now I'm just angry that I let that man's words cheapen the nice work I do. Everyone has their own opinions I know, but this is QUILTING..not surgery or rocket science. There is a place for ALL that we do. By the way, next time I show off a quilt, and his JAW drops, he might hear that he will NEVER get one of my quilts. And I did not picket his cabinet shop with signs that said he was a cheater because he uses POWER TOOLS instead of hand tools. ....ok...sorry! Off my soap box now...I love it ALL..hand, machine, quilt for hire, do all your own... we need to back ourselves up, not knock ourselves down.
Sing it louder, Soccertaxi! One woman at our church has taken so much pleasure out to the last couple quilts we did because they are quilted by a LAQ. I've got one more for this year-----------then I am done. DONE! The "my mother would never........." woman can do as she pleases from then on.