Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 PM
mirabelle

I am home and very very tired, traffic was crazy driving home, I thought by leaving before lunch I may miss it but no, I think everybody had the same idea. DD's foot is healing, she just has to be careful. mmm I can't use my enter button oh well, this will be a continuous post with no paragraphs As her fabric stash is in her spare bedroom I had free reign to rummage and found a perfect piece for the block I am working on also found a couple of black and white prints also perfect for a block I have to make and she was none the wiser I have managed to do some calculations for the Compass Blocks and for the first 12 blocks you will need approximately 3 yards, my figures came out at 2.5 yards but if you want a little wiggle room then I would get extra. I don't randomly cut into fabric for paper piecing I will work out what widths I need to cut and then cut my pieces from these. Then use these strips until they are gone before cutting more strips, I hope that makes sense. As I am going to make 36 blocks I will probably purchase 6 to 7 yards so I have plenty for sashing and borders if I need it. Now time for a BIG cup of coffee and put my head down for an hour or so Chat soon