Thread: Cheating???
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM
DebbieG

Originally Posted by soccertxi View Post
Please don't use the word "cheat". Someone told me I was a CHEATER...loudly and often, because I'm a machine quilter and not a hand quilter. Its SUCH a strong word. I was so upset, I cried. Now I'm just angry that I let that man's words cheapen the nice work I do. Everyone has their own opinions I know, but this is QUILTING..not surgery or rocket science. There is a place for ALL that we do. By the way, next time I show off a quilt, and his JAW drops, he might hear that he will NEVER get one of my quilts. And I did not picket his cabinet shop with signs that said he was a cheater because he uses POWER TOOLS instead of hand tools. ....ok...sorry! Off my soap box now...I love it ALL..hand, machine, quilt for hire, do all your own... we need to back ourselves up, not knock ourselves down.
Thank you for this.....I can't hand quilt, the arthritis in my hands wont' allow it, but I piece my quilts on the machine and hand sew the binding on (altho that is even getting rough), to say I'm cheating on my quilts is an insult....I realize there are SNOBS in every craft but that goes a bit far!