View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:20 AM
crafterrn1

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
Just because you can quilt doesn't mean you can write directions that are clear and easily understood! If I were writing directions, I would have someone write them for me and then try to follow my directions. I have been disappointed so many times with poorly written directions!
This is oh so true! I am a quilt designer and pattern writer. Trust me it is not easy to write a quilt pattern. Many pattern writers do not have their patterns tested. I do. I have 2 or 3 different levels of quilters make the quilt from the written words. I also have a good friend proofread the pattern. I don't mind the corrections to the pattern as much as I mind a completely rewritten version. I am writing the pattern my way. I also appreciate when a quilter making my pattern finds any errors! I can make the corrections reprint that page and move on! So if you have a designers name on the kits pattern then contact that person. It could be the shop resized that pattern for the kit. I always go back to the source. Let me know if I can help figure it out with you! Luann