Thread: Cheating???
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:16 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by caroloto View Post
That is sad, the same type of thing happened to my friend's beautiful well made quilt judged last year at our fair, she has shown quilts for several years and has always place 1st or 2nd place. 1st time over the years had I even seen any craft (all sewing) items where this was done, yes notice it in all sewing classes where there were disqualification! Plus it wasn't only quilts at this fair where they disqualifed only in the quilting...I'm thinking it's was the judge/judges they hired. Hopefully this years fair they won't hire the same ones to judge. I think what got me the most about those disqualifaction was some of those entries are done by the 4-Hers they do their best and they own animals which they show at the fair!!!

I would go ahead and enter you yo yo quilt, maybe they hired the same judge/judges that judge here...
Judges are individuals. I'm sure they have guidelines to follow, but then again, so much of what they say will be subjective. As humans, there's no way around that.

Heavens, even our supreme court judges are influenced by their own lifes----political affiliation, ethnic origin, home regions, previous experience.

Short version, you can't guess what the judges will be looking for------unless you and they have been given exact criteria.