Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
BoJangles

Steve, I am really regretting that I didn't go for that F & R machine! What a beauty! But, I am glad you are the new steward of that machine.

Laura, nice looking Necchi!

I have not had time to visit a lot lately. Too busy with the care of my FIL. But, on an almost good note I bought another FW today. I shouldn't have bought it, but I felt sorry for the poor machine! It is a 1938 with the scroll face plate, case, attachments, bobbins, new foot controller and wiring, but someone either shipped the machine or just dropped it because the bobbin winder is broken off along with part of the hand wheel. It was really dumb of me to buy it - I paid $125. I figured the foot controller, plug, case, attachments, etc., were worth that much. I say 'I' shouldn't have bought it because it is going to bug me that it looks nasty with the broken HW/missing bobbin winder! I am hopeless! I don't think it would even be a candidate for a re-paint because part of the 'body' is missing!

On a good note, the missing bobbin winder/broken chipped off HW section doesn't affect its running ability . . . . . . just looks ugly. Why did I buy it????? I will post photos as soon as I can!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 04-01-2013 at 12:26 PM.