View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Scraplady

Originally Posted by kathymarie View Post
...the thought of emptying the rooms and removing all that fabric is such a daunting task. Any ideas from ne would be greatly appreciated. Hmmmmm....maybe I should have started my own thread for this----sorry if I've broken a rule. Anyway----what a great post! Your room is wonderful!
I would consider emptying the rooms and painting for two reasons. First, if the walls a very dark and you paint a lighter color, you will have MUCH better lighting to work by. Second, it will almost force you to take the time to go through your stash and weed stuff out, to think about your organization system. You've already been using the space for a while, so you know what you like and don't like about the way you've got it set up. And while you're at it, paint that mismatched furniture. All my pieces started out different colors as most were hand-me-downs and thrift store specials. It makes the space feel so much more put together to have just one or two colors going on. But I do agree, it is a HUGE undertaking!!

Last edited by Scraplady; 04-01-2013 at 01:58 PM.