Thread: Fusible?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Tashana

Originally Posted by Kat Sews View Post
I like Wonder Under 805. So light and thin it doesn't add bulk to the quilt, and is not stiff at all. I was recommended to me by a professional art quilter named Melody Johnson. You can see some of her work at Fibermania.com
Kat Sews thanks for reminding me of Melody Johnson. I love her designs. Also thank you for sharing the tip she gave you, because she is certainly a master at her craft. For too long I relied on the popular opinion "no pain - no gain" and avoided my designs that can be accomplished only by very elaborate applique (which is not my cup of tea) or fusing. I know that many quilters kind of look down on fusing as an easy way out. Now I ask myself why the hack do I really care what others think? Freedom to create is exactly that - FREEDOM - whatever technique will get you there is a good technique. So, I went to her web site to enjoy the beauty of her quilts and I stumbled upon one thing she said, so I feel compelled to share it here:"I believe that the design is paramount to the technique and whatever it takes to create that piece is the right way to do it.” I wholeheartedly agree!