Thread: Class quilt top
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:07 PM
LucyInTheSky

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
That is without a doubt the coolest class project I've seen thus far!!! The kids did a wonderful job!! What a great teacher you are to use such a unique project to teach a subject!! Will you be doing another this year? How many of the kids are still sewing? I bet you inspired a whole bunch of budding young quilters, and I bet they ALL will be telling their future children of the wonderful teacher that taught them geometry by teaching them to sew!! You ROCK!! Keep up the wonderful work!
I know a few are still sewing (and were before). Some of the blocks look better than ones that I've done :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . A few more have said they want to keep sewing but they don't have time. So hopefully someday they'll be able to.

I'm not teaching any more. Budget cuts - last in, first out. The hardest part is missing my kids. There might be an opening in 5 years back at my school :roll: . I'm just very thankful to have been there for the 2 years, and I learned so much from the kids, and I'm glad to have been able to teach them quilting and credit card management... and maybe some Algebra/Geometry