Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 AM
katesnanna

I'm sure no one here would say Jinny Beyer fabric is not top quality. Well, the worst bleeder I've ever had was a Jinny fabric bought at a LQS. I would say I washed and treated that fabric at least a dozen times. I tried all the known ways to stop it bleeding but nothing worked.
Hence I won't take a chance with any fabric. Also with all my fabrics washed I don't need to worry about uneven shrinkage. I don't exactly wash - I put enough hot water (hot as I can get it) to cover the fabric into my laundry tub then fold the fabric in accordion style and let it sit until the water is cold. I then squeeze water out and hang still dripping water. It seems to remove that chemical smell and I hope kills any vermin.
This is not to disparage anyone's fabric but I used to deliver flowers at one stage. Now all of us love to get flowers (allergy sufferers excepted). I'll bet most of you would be horrified to know that when the flowers are picked up from the markets they harbor cockroaches. We all kept baits in our vans and I hosed mine out every weekend.