Old 04-02-2013, 05:02 AM
Stitch124

Default Crazy Question -- What to buy to build a good fabric collection....

I finally have my own quilting/sewing room. YEAH!!!!!!

After putting my fabric collection together....I really don't have much. I joined the I SPY swap and was looking at my fabric to pick out the best ones for I SPY fabric and realized I have a pretty sad collection. Mostly fat quarter prints, but nothing very inspiring. Also, few yards of fabric rolled onto comic book boards. My entire fabric collection consists of two bookcase shelves about 24" wide. The top shelf has the FQs and some 1/2 yrds of fabric on boards. The second shelf has some kits, and a couple books and material purchased for a specific pattern in the book. I had a painful experience sewing up jelly rolls, but after sewing a few blocks I realized that a 1/4" seam on jelly rolls isn't correct...more like a 1/8" is correct. WTH!! Had to rip and re-sew....ugh! Now I'm a little gun-shy of jelly rolls.

Anyway, just trying to get some ideas for the best way to accumulate a slightly larger stash for on-the-spot inspiration. Also, happy to take whatever anyone doesn't want anymore.

Thanks..
Julie