Old 04-02-2013, 12:30 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Not trying to move the thread in the wrong direction, but it really is true that my advanced students only start to become truly skilled once they begin to teach others. I think the process of translating the techniques into concepts for people who have a different learning style than their own is what leads to real understanding.

It is the same here in a sense, we all get better because we see other peoples point of view and ways of approaching an issue.

Thanks for this, but really... It is not a contest to see who is "better" but a safe place so we can ALL share, learn and help each other. Post your work, please. We(I'd) love to see the fruits of peoples labor.

I have learned FAR more from my students, than I ever learned from my teachers....
You are so right - there was so much I learned when I taught my children in home school. I have learned a lot on the board some times by my own trial and error, some times when I've helped people figure their machine out, and some times by watching what everyone else is learning. I love it! Thank you everyone!!! But this sure ain't no contest of any sort...