Old 04-02-2013, 01:18 PM
QuiltingByCourtney

Originally Posted by QuiltingByCourtney View Post
Well, I love the pattern, as I cut all my fabric pieces out and started sewing them together I do notice a small bit of waviness/excess fabric on the bottom centers of the large roughly 24" block that you make when you sew all 4 of your 12" blocks together...I'm thinking it is because the triangle blocks (made from your 6 7/8" blocks) should be a tiny bit smaller so that when they are all sewn together to do not get that small bunching when the very large block is completed. I do believe I will be able to flatten some of the excess fabric out when I quilt it and you will never notice, but I do hate when patterns are not exact to the "T" on measurements, as I am a perfectionist and expect it all to be just so hahaha...oh well, now I know for next time to not go exact to the pattern on this one...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]405945[/ATTACH] Here is what my blocks look like here are 2 of the large finished ones....I circled the places there is excess fabric and creates a small wave due to the pattern being of slightly from what it says....I paper pieced it together before I cut fabric and thought about it a whole day that something on that pattern was wrong but everyone insisted thats what it was and just do it sooo oh well, I will learn for next time...I will be able to fudge it out when I quilt thank goodness its only a twin size for my husband.
Attached Thumbnails photo03271758.jpg