View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 PM
caroloto

Originally Posted by mike'sgirl View Post
Marti Michelle has a ruler (tool) and it comes with instructions and it makes the twister block. Although with her ruler you don't have to start with the blocks all sewn together like with the other ruler. With her method you can use a charm pack or a layer cake, or just yardage cut into squares, and put the ruler down and cut the pieces out and sew them together according to the instructions. I made one and found that it doesn't waste as much fabric as with the other method. You might look into it. Gina
Which ruler is it? http://www.frommarti.com/mm5/merchant.mvc? I have the Stitch and Twister ruler (which I like better when using a rotary since your less likely to slip and cut into another block, but the smallest size you can get from that is the 3 1/2" block. I have the other twister rulers (smaller ones) but often using the rotary I have to be so carefull and use the 28 rotary blade. Still have over cut a few blocks which I then have to repair as it always seems it just at/about the 1/4". I really like the twister look but must say I dislike the cutting, sewing, recutting and sewing again seems like time wasted to me.