View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Sierra

Both my DH and I are retired. After a bit he wanted to move to a simpler place (we lived in a wonderful mountain cabin/house but he worked hard cutting fire wood and keep brush away from the house... we were burned over once). So now we live in an apartment 10 minutes away from a small town, and he does the cleaning and cooking (he's a way better cook than me, but I find he is awful at dusting, so poor me has to do that). Every now and then I have a guilt attack and tell him I'll do more but he tells me he has the easy job, I have the hard job quilting. Even so, he will come in to help me whenever I ask, for design decisions or reaching something.

The quilt store ladies love to see him coming! He has been told he is color blind in several colors, but he will find fabric, bring it over to me and say "This is a color you use a lot, and yet it's different from anything you have." He held a huge quilt for me while I quilted it (using rolls of cardboard) and following my head nods! He is totally proud of every quilt I do and supports me in every way he can. Some of us are just plain lucky!

Last edited by Sierra; 04-03-2013 at 07:38 AM.