Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

I just bought a book each of sunbonnet sue patterns and overall boys patterns from grandmasattic.com . They haven't come yet. I am collecting these so I have a lot to choose from when I finally get around to doing them!

Most of my books are purchased from Amazon with Prime so I don't have to pay shipping. It is very easy to return a book on Amazon. Usually, though, I can tell from reader comments if I am going to like a book or not. The reviews are very helpful!

I looked up Quilting on the Go on Amazon, but there are no reviews of it yet. Reading the description, this is not a book I would purchase because I do not like English paper piecing. (I do my hand piecing of the GFG pattern by hand using a regular running stitch, which I prefer both for looks and for ease of sewing.) This book is about English paper piecing only, as far as I can tell from the description.

Edit: Oops! Sorry, the above refers to a different book by the same title but different author. The one by Carolyn Forster is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Quilting-----g...dp/1935726056/
It's all about how to break down a large quilt into smaller pieces for hand or machine quilting. For this type of technique, at least for machine quilting, I would instead purchase the book by Marti Michell on Machine Quilting in Sections.

Last edited by Prism99; 04-03-2013 at 11:50 AM.