Old 04-03-2013, 02:28 PM
carriem

QNS--hope you were able to ignore the music and get something you wanted to done! I can't help with the chickens...we like fresh eggs and chicken in the freezer (well for a little while, then in our frying pan!)

DD--great MB for OK!

OK--your GKs look like they are having fun. This is what a picture of my kids with my sisters' will be like in a couple years (older and younger)...my kids are 11, 13, 15. My sisters' (I have 3) kids are 3, 2, 2, and 1...just a little gap. I got married right out of high school and had kids right away. My older sister didn't get married until after college and just had her daughter a couple years ago.

Dublb--bummer about no MB yet...I am sure it is on the way. Did you check the email that went out to everyone with addresses? Is yours right? I still sometimes type my old house number with my new street name!

Ggal--great progress on those bindings! Can't wait to see some pictures. Even if DH doesn't understand your need to keep making quilts...we do!!

Here are the blocks I made with my FFC for a table runner. I am going to border with white and see if we have more of the blue (at the LQS) for a 2nd border. If no more blue, then I will sash each block with white to make it a bit longer. I will have 2 extra blocks too for something fun to make at a later time...maybe a small bag w/one block on each side...hmmm? Might have to get some extra blue for that too! The blocks finish 10".

I had a great time visiting with my friend today. She woke with a sinus headache and wasn't feeling up to sewing, so watched me cut and sew strips together. I used a "tube" technique to make the blocks...there is a video here if you've never tried it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWSp...layer_embedded
Attached Thumbnails 002-2-.jpg