Old 04-03-2013, 05:25 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by totalchaos View Post
I just bought a 411G and would like to see how the treadle belt is on the hand wheel.I looked at mine I have no belt grove and I cant see your hand wheel at all.I think maybe mine is one that came not fitted for the treadle. The machine works great for $20. I was hoping to set it up in a treadle just for the fun of it.
The balance wheel has a step in it - a spinning wheel belt may fit better than the leather belt. I had to shim mine out because the belt was sort of thick. I have heard of people filing a grove in there but I don't think it was intended to work that way. Someone found me on line and sent an email. We emailed back and forth until she got her's done - the spinning wheel belt worked great. I still need to go buy one so I haven't personally done it that way. I think I showed a picture of the rear channels but not with the belt in it. The belt goes through like you see in the front, over the balance wheel, then down through the channel in the back and down around the treadle wheel.

Last edited by miriam; 04-03-2013 at 05:32 PM.