Old 04-03-2013, 06:25 PM
cstout

Jeez....I am a dummy- bought the size #5 perle cotton skein & was trying to unravel the thing...no wonder I was having a terrible mess!! I was just about to give up on this big stitch quilting thing & decided to ask for help.

Thanks everyone for you wonderful replies. I shall go hide underneath a rock now & work with my little ball of cotton thread that says size 8 DMC. I bought several different threads since I did not really know which to use. Now to find the right needle, only problem is I have a BUNCH of needles in a plastic baggie & most have fallen out of their little papers & now it is just pot luck as to what size they are....another boondoggle for me to overcome. Will I ever get it together??? Yes, I should have labeled an RX bottle with the size & whatnot or just stuffed the little paper & all in there, but years ago I was young & thought I would remember everything. Besides who knew those little buggers would fall out of their nest? Naughty naughty. I have no clue who belongs where. Anyway, I am tempted to just go out & buy what you all suggest & start brand new with labeling & such. Anyone care for some needles of unknown origin? Please tell me that after about 20 years those needles are now dull & need to be discarded...that way I won't feel so bad about this whole thing.