View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Jannie

My sentiments exactlly. I can't find anything to buy. Tops are all cut to low and skirts are to high. I would love to find a couple of dresses that I felt comfortable in. The last couple times I found a dress to try on I looked like I was trying to go back to high school (Not a pretty site). I wondered if my mom ever thought there was nothng to buy. Mentioned it to some one recently and she said there used to be dress shops for women so she probably never had the problem. Today everything is geared to the younger girls. And for little girls--we are making them grow up way to fast.
Originally Posted by luce321 View Post
The fifties clothes were feminine and classy. Yes, I would shop at a 50's or 60's shop if there were any today. I made my clothes for at least 40 years and really enjoyed making them. Today there is nothing out there for older women like myself. Everything is geared for younger people, short skirts, sleeveless. If there is a sleeve on a dress, it is barely a cap sleeve. I wouldn't think of wearing a sleeveless dress with my flabby upper arms. Another thing that annoys me is the way little girls clothing is made. They are made too grownup looking and the fabric is terrible. What happened to the dresses we made for our little girls? Puffed sleeves, collar and a pretty sash. I'm sure those are gone forever.