View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 05:55 AM
mythreesuns

I was a lucky little girl..I am the youngest child in my family of 5 kids...and the only girl. So I got lots of attention from my entire family. But besides that, we kinda lived in two different worlds. We were being raised in Milwaukee, but during the summers we spent all our weekends and several weeks in a very small country town of 800 people up north. So we grew up with all the newer fancy things in life (swimming pools, rec centers, neighborhood clubs, zoo's, bus rides, fast foods and etc..) then when we came up north, we got the walking in a field, swimming in an open lake, river, camping, sleeping under the stars, wild blue berry picking, raspberries etc.. gardens, bear watching, little country stores, wildflower picking, snakes, woodticks, fire flies, cookouts, huge family gatherings, and church ones, etc... when we lived in Milw we did some of the items Lynnie did... oh the trouble we caused. Dropped water balloons on people from above the A n P grocery store roof, picked tulips from a guys garden to give to our mom on our way home from neighborhood club, climb up a garage and slide accross the huge black pipes connecting one building to another... two stories up, I was 4 years old and went ice skating with my older brothers accross the street, and I couldn't skate, so I got upset and wanted to go home, so I just left and never told my brothers.. they couldn't see me, because I was crawling on all fours accross a 4 lane road in Milw... my mother happen to look out and saw me... oops... lol Then a girlfriend and I decided to take a ride with a stranger and he took us from one side of Milw and dropped us off way on the other side... oh my mom made sure I knew I did wrong... oh did she... lol Then we made the official complete move up north..and at first I didn't like the move, because it seemed like we had less to do here. Until I started school 3 weeks later and became friends with a gal...and we came up with our own fun.. we would ride bike 10 miles into town to go to the Sunday movies, Dairy Queen or Parades... then we would ride bikes to go swimming, fishing for trout, row a boat in the ditch by her house in the spring... yup we were geeks lol... ride our bikes under the irragation system in the summer to cool off. Go behind the harvester to pick up taters, pick dandelions for wine making, (her mom) learned how to officially polka, polish foods, use to play in their clothes shoot, run down stairs and pile all the dirty clothes in one spot and then climb into the shoot and drop down.. lol