View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by ohmisslizzie
Originally Posted by kd124
If you really have your heart set on this pattern, you could do three sections instead of two. Make the middle side as stated in the tutorial and each outside section 1/2 the size. I would make each of the outside sections match each other, but different from the middle section.
Would I still be able to do the different sized and different width pieces as described and as pictured, could I do two and cut one in half to make 3, and when you say to line them up on each side and do the sides the same- is that going to create a look of three different pieces instead of two- which is what makes the blanket look like 2 twins, I want it to flow all as one, not be piecy looking, and theres no way to do it all as one? just do the the quilt in the strips with the full width of the blanket and then sew the strips together? +
It's just strips. You can do it however you want. But, keep in mind that you may end up with less than straight sections. Plus if you make each strip go across the full width of the quilt ALL of your seams will be full width seams and by the time you get to the last quarter of the quilt it's going to be work to wrestle the whole thing around.

The simple way to do what you want is to cut your strips how ever wide you want them and then sew how ever many strips it takes to get the width you want end to end. Then sew how ever many strips together to get the length of quilt you want.

Cut strips 2, 4, 5 inches or whatever width suits you.

Sew end to end into 93 inch long strips

Sew strips together in random order.