Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 PM
caroloto

I have bought one book one just a few weeks ago and one a couple of months back. Yet maybe 6 or 8 months ago I gave away at least 10 books. Most of them were ones I picked up years ago when I first started to quilt, many of them had the same blocks/patterns and/or technique so I just kept a few which had the most technique and blocks for refence.

The one I picked up 2 weeks ago is "Story Times" by Kim Gaddy $25.95 it's a picture quilts to stir a child's imagination. It contains 8 quilts and a project. Each quilt has a story and the blocks tell them in the quilt. One called Birds & Bubble Gum "Watch along with the little bird as the wise old owl learns to blow a bubble. The bubble gets bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and pops." each quilt tells a story, so cute! I'm sure I'll enjoy making some of the quilts for children.

The other book I bought a few months back: "Quilting-On-The-Go" by Carolyn Forster $24.95. I am very happy with my purchase of this book. It is easy to read and has pictures included to show you what you are reading. The first few chapters are the Basic which if you have been quilting for awhile you most likely aready know on picking out fabric, tools, sewing the block and batting. From there it goes into quilt as you go. The last part of the book includes 15 quilt patterns, not that I need any more patterns but all around it's written well.

Last edited by caroloto; 04-04-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling