Old 04-05-2013, 02:32 AM
purplemem

I have a lid rack from the kitchen that holds my rulers. I use curved, spring loaded needle nose pliers to pull my needle through the fabric when I hand quilt. I use camel snus containers that are metal to hold my pins, I place a magnetic business card on back and the pins don't spill. I buy the plastic pencil holders from Wmt for 50 cents and use them for my mini hand quilting kit. In each one I place scissors, needles, pins, thread, mechanical pencil and clear marking ruler and the pliers. I place these in a clear shoe box with the sewing project. When I'm ready to go, so is my hand quilting kit. I make my own quilt kits by using the 4 quart plastic boxes with lids, I put all the fabric and the pattern in the clear box, and mark the outside with the quilt name or the recipient name. That way I don't accidentally use the wrong fabrics or lose the pattern. I also use empty kitty litter buckets with lids to hold quilt kits. I clean them and label the outside with the kit name. They stack well.

Last edited by purplemem; 04-05-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: misspelling