View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Sophie2

Originally Posted by bunbytes View Post
LOL!!! In the middle of "organizing my sewing room". Husby is due home from an overseas trip at 3 pm today and the living room and dining room look like Hurricane Ike came through. My friend and I did put most of the fabric on comic book boards.
300 - comic book boards is what I started out with
500 - comic book boards I purchased the first day we started folding (Monday) which arrived on Wednesday
1000 - comic book boards I ordered overnight (Thursday) because I'm down to the last 50 from the second order
I wasn't going to buy that many more, but my friend asked if I was going to stop buying fabric! Haha! Thats' why I ordered the additional 1000.

Still have fat quarters to do. One book case (need additional shelves) is full. 2 shelves (6 ft) in the closet filled plus another bookshelf will be for fat quarters. Let's not even talk about the 8 tubs of fabric in our bedroom. That will be done later. She who dies with the most fabric wins! I'm still working on that! So please, please don't be embarrassed!
My DH sees all my fabric and never says a word about how much I have - he even encourages me to get more! While I have been working on my reorganization, he has come in and tells me it looks like a mini quilt shop. I did order 300 more boards yesterday - should be here Wednesday. Last night I worked on the scraps and folded the 1/2 pieces. Figure I can use them to back wall hangings. When I get tired of looking at that pile I will cut them smaller. A lot of the smaller pieces I am putting thru my Accu cutter making tumbler blocks for a scrap quilt. Have just about enough to start that.