View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 07:01 AM
PJisChaos

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I will tell you that perfectly balanced stitches are something to strive for, but not always achievable. This is why many long armers use the same color thread in the top and the bobbin. Also, if just a tiny bit of top thread is showing on the back, and the bobbin thread is not just laying on the surface, I would try washing the sample. If you use cotton batting, it shrinks a bit and minimizes the issue.

I don't have this machine, but have the 3 hole guide on mine. I was told to try skipping one of the guide holes.
And finally, this video is not for your machine (I don't have this brand either) but the process may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1mRhcquZTM

Now this is helpful. I have wondered about skipping a hole there since that is where there is a bit of drag before it hits the tensioner. Hmm, something to try anyways. Thanks! I was also wondering about turning the tension down just enough for only one or 2 small loops to appear and see if it stops the thread breaking, hoping when washed the stitch will balance out. I will be trying this as well, thanks again. Now the video I did watch yesterday and I have to say, I love this guy! This video of his, in particular, helped me tons. I never knew that and was always taught to do the drop test as well.