View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Snooze2978

Yes, I went with the comic book boards also after reading about it on this site. I've gone thru 600+ so far. 5yds+ are on bolts as its too much for the boards. My fat quarters are in plastic shoe totes as are my scraps cut in sizes between 1+/-, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 5 and 2 totes just for large scraps waiting to see when I need them. I'm working on 2 scrappy quilts from the Craftsy 2012 BOM March. Even though I've stitched up 64 of the spider web blocks and am now on the 6.5 blocks, my box of scraps I pulled doesn't seem to have dimished. They must procreate during the night when I'm not looking. Guess that means more scrappy quilts to make.

The nice thing about having your fabrics all organized is you can see what you have and what you need to get. Just recently when I knew I was going to start the scrappy blocks, I wanted to use muslin for the foundation and thought I had some but couldn't find it. After getting all my fabrics organized and after I had already purchased a bolt more of muslin, I found my original bolt of muslin lying on the bottom shelf hidden by a pile of fabrics to be put away. That there told me I needed to get organized as we all know fabric is getting really expensive and a bunch of us are on fixed income so every little bit helps. Thank goodness I like scraps.

Suz in Iowa