Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
JenniePenny

Thumbs up If you Exchanged Blue Star Blocks in 2001 - I just may have them now

This photo shows 16 large Variable Star blocks made with blue and white. i discovered these blocks today. They came from a New Hampshire quilter, who had put them in a bag with some nine-patch blocks. Before they belonged to her, they belonged to someone else. She was cleaning out old UFOs and handed me a closed bag. Time wasn't on my side when she first gave them to me, so I didn't dig through the bag. Until this morning.

I had finished the small top with the on-point variable stars and the alternating red squares yesterday. Yes, yesterday. The plan was to just make a table topper. Then, when I discovered these blocks, I was thinking, "cool, I just made a bunch of variable stars, so lets compare them."

So then I realized that each of my "new-to-me" blocks had a signature and the date of 2001 very discretely written on the back, along a seam allowance. Donna, Kenny, Jan, Ruth, and others. And I decided that they were made to go into my project. They add a new dimension to my little top with their unique scrappiness and somewhat outdated fabrics. They are, however, very excellently made - square and straight and all have consistent seams.

So, my topper will evolve into a lap quilt for a veteran.

Thank you to the original block makers!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg