View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM
CarolynMT

Default Garden of Gold Quilt

So I spent all day at the LA rental place and did the "Someone took my kodachrome" quilt and this one.

small story of this quilt: I showed my mother the top of the kodachrome quilt and she loved it, then promptly decided I could send it to her so that she could give it to the lady who is helping her organize her house. Usually I wouldnt have any issue with that, but am thinking I will enter kodachrome into a quilt show, so that means I need to keep a hold of it for awhile. I got to thinking and ran to my local quilt store, they only had a limited supply of charm packs, which i needed for the pattern (its a disappearing 4 patch with the blocks rotated to get that pattern) And the only color that looked good with the charm pack is the gold. I hate gold, mom's living/kitchen rooms are painted this gold, we call it the "Mustard Wars" cause it is rather overwhelming. But it was the only solid that looked good. Couldnt find a tone/tone gold print that would work, so we opted for a bright green. I added the brown to break the colors up some and provide definition.

Then when I finished the top, I had the ladies in the chat room here help me pick a name. It was a very tight tie between Kris's "Garden of Gold" and QR's "Butterscotch Lane" but in the end Kris's name seemed to fit. I used a very loose butterfly and curly-q's for this. And strangely enough the same bright green thread as my kodachrome quilt.

Without further ado, here is Garden of Gold
Front:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406416[/ATTACH]

close up of front:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406417[/ATTACH]

didnt take one of the back, used a brown print with brown thread...nothing really spectacular.
Attached Thumbnails img_0384_zpsf908d0e8.jpg   img_0386_zps4a8d6776.jpg